First Choice Data Transfer

Post by d.ernesto.jimene » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anybody know how to transfer a database file from First Choice (with
all available fields) to another format (DBase, Paradox).

When I used FC's own export option it only exports a limit quantity of
fields.

Thanks in advance.

EJ

First Choice Data Transfer

Post by d.ernesto.jimene » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anybody know how to transfer a database file from First Choice (with
all available fields) to another format (DBase, Paradox).

When I used FC's own export option it only exports a limit quantity of
fields.

Thanks in advance.

EJ

First Choice Data Transfer

Post by Myk Louge » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> Does anybody know how to transfer a database file from First Choice (with
> all available fields) to another format (DBase, Paradox).

> When I used FC's own export option it only exports a limit quantity of
> fields.

> Thanks in advance.

> EJ

I use a utility called Data Junction that allows you to transfer data from
one application database to another. It supports many common applications
and database styles.  Of course this will only work if your need is not
progmatic.

Hope this helps.

Myk Lougee

1. A question about First Choice database program

I have been using First Choice database program for many years.
One of my folders has about 2000 records. For some reason now whenever I
try to retrieve one particular record the message comes" Database error: -3
Escape to cancel". I do not know how to correct this problem. If I try to
retrieve a group of records this again happens if this particular record is
a part of the whole record that I am trying to retrieve. It took me many
years to make this database. I would be thankful if somebody would post me
any suggestions to my e-mail address rather than to the newsgroup.

Also I would like to transfer this folder to Works database program if it
is possible to do so.

I would like to speak with somebody from First Choice  but I do not have
their address or phone number.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Khalid R.Siddiqui, MD

2. help: err 951

3. PFS: First Choice db trashed! help

4. Unreachable error handling

5. First Choice / Window Works

6. US-VA-PROGRAMMER ANALYST

7. Converting First Choice

8. First Choice

9. PFS: First Choice

10. Desperate: First Choice conversion!

11. SQL 6.5 Object Transfer: transfer fails and also destroys source data

12. Data Transfer - only transferring new or changed rows