Change language setting to ..., Change default database to ...

Change language setting to ..., Change default database to ...

Post by Suriyanto Le » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

can you be more specific?
or may be you can share your MTS code.

Suriyanto

Quote:> I have an application using Visual Basic 6, Microsoft Transaction Server
and
> SQL Server 7.
> The server where this application runs has NT Server 4 with the Service
Pack

Post by Gon?alo Bolé » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have an application using Visual Basic 6, Microsoft Transaction Server and
SQL Server 7.
The server where this application runs has NT Server 4 with the Service Pack
5, and the clients have NT Workstation 4.

When I open the database with the Open method I always get two warnings:
1) Change default database to 'XPTO',
2) Change language setting to us_english

When I make Select statements all works fine if I debug the warnings,
however when I try to Update a table the table don't update. If I don't use
Transaction Server all works fine and I don't get the warnings.

Why this happen? Is possible that Service Pack 5 has some bugs that causes
this? Is the configuration of the programs ?

Any help appreciated,
Gon?alo Bolo, Portugal

Change language setting to ..., Change default database to ...

Post by Rui Silv » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm having exactly the same problem, maybe you could tell me your settings.

I have 2 Servers:
    Server1
        PII 450 MHZ 256 MB RAM
        Winnt4.0 SP4
        SQL6.5

    Server2
        PII 450 MHZ 128 MB RAM
        Winnt4.0 SP5
        SQL 7.0
        MTS 2.0
        MDAC 2.0 or 2.1 ????????????? ( I don't know for sure, is there a
way for me to know that ?)
        VB6

    Server 2 has all the business components
    Server 1 is irrelevant to the case (this is my PDC)

    Why are those same errors happening to me when i try to update my
database ?

    Can this be because of SP5 ?, not having the latest MDAC, I'm quite
confuse because all is working and this pestillent bug is killing me !

    Pls help !

    Thankx in advance
    Rui Silva

>I have an application using Visual Basic 6, Microsoft Transaction Server
and
>SQL Server 7.
>The server where this application runs has NT Server 4 with the Service
Pack
>5, and the clients have NT Workstation 4.

>When I open the database with the Open method I always get two warnings:
>1) Change default database to 'XPTO',
>2) Change language setting to us_english

>When I make Select statements all works fine if I debug the warnings,
>however when I try to Update a table the table don't update. If I don't use
>Transaction Server all works fine and I don't get the warnings.

>Why this happen? Is possible that Service Pack 5 has some bugs that causes
>this? Is the configuration of the programs ?

>Any help appreciated,
>Gon?alo Bolo, Portugal

1. Database properties settings changed back to default settings and I don't know why

I'm am green sql dba.  I barely know how to write any t-sql.  But I do
know that I set the properties on my user database to limit the size
of its growth of both the data and log files.

Then to my suprise I found that all these settings had changed on all
4 test servers and 2 clustered production servers.

The only thing that I've done is set up some jobs for trans and full
backups, autoshrink the database, update statistics, etc.  I also set
up myself as an operator and activated sql mail (well, at least on one
server I can't seem to get sql mail working on the other servers.  I
only get netsends if there is a problem, but I would like to get an
email everytime there is a successful transactional, full backup,
etc..).

Would setting up these jobs change the database settings from limiting
the growth of the database to having no limits.  Perhaps when I set a
schedule to autoshrink the database this implies to the database that
since the database will be shrunk on a schedule that it no longer
needs to limit the size of the data and log files?

2. 4GL : chaging dynamically the features of a field.

3. Changing default language for database

4. datetime comparisons

5. Changing the language set of the database

6. 'The process could not connect to subscriber...'

7. Changing the Default Language on a SQL 7.0 server

8. DTS Export Wizard & Win 98 problems

9. Changing Default Language - date format

10. Changing the default language to uk_english

11. Change default language in MSDE

12. changing default language...

13. Changed SQL Server language settings