To stored procedure or not to stored procedure

To stored procedure or not to stored procedure

Post by cksanj.. » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm working on an interface for our reports. The source of the reports
are recordsets. Currently, the sql statements are embeded in the
program. To run a report, our users select several criteria and show
the report based on the criteria built. I'm thinking of creating a sp
to return the recordset. One problem I would encounter with sp is that
the parameters have to be OR-ed.
For instance, my sp requires two parameters, state and id. If they want
to run by:
(state = CA and id = 12) or (state = TX and id 40).
How would would I make my parameters to be OR-ed.

Should I just create a COM-component?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. To Stored Procedure or not to stored procedure

I'm working on an interface for our reports. The source of the reports
are recordsets. Currently, the sql statements are embeded in the
program. To run a report, our users select several criteria and show
the report based on the criteria built. I'm thinking of creating a sp
to return the recordset. One problem I would encounter with sp is that
the parameters have to be OR-ed.
For instance, my sp requires two parameters, state and id. If they want
to run by:
(state = CA and id = 12) or (state = TX and id 40).
How would would I make my parameters to be OR-ed.

Should I just create a COM-component?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. RedHat 9 & 7.2.4

3. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

4. IP number

5. using SQL stored procedure results in stored procedure

6. US-OH-Columbus Software Engineer, C/C++, Java, CORBA, Oracle (1361-2150)

7. executing system stored procedures within a stored procedure

8. INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_NULLS., ARITHABORT'.

9. Call a stored procedure in another stored procedure

10. Using Resultset in Stored Procedure in another stored procedure

11. Calling a Stored Procedure from within a Stored Procedure

12. Executing a Stored Procedure in a Stored Procedure and selecting on the result

13. Stored procedure calls multiple stored procedures