ODBC error: Operation must use an updatable query

ODBC error: Operation must use an updatable query

Post by Frederie » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

It's not enough to open the database as readonly, you should also look for a
setting of the query command to indicate that the result of the query is
updatable.

Quote:> Hi

> I am doing a Database project with Visual C++ 6.0 .
> The database is Visual Foxpro 2.5.
> I use ODBC connect to the database.
> When i add a new record to the database.
> 1: use ExecuteSQL() function add record.
> 2: use AddNew(),Update()
> I open the database with NOT readonly.
> and the file's attribute is NOT readonly.

> I always got a error: "Operation must use an updatable query".
> What should I do ?????? :-(

> Thanks in advance.

1. Operation must use an updatable query 3073 - ODBC Error

I am using VB6 to and SQL Server 7.0    .. I can read from the DB fine but
when I try to do a delete statement it gives me the error :  Operation must
use and updatable query error # 3073  ...

the thing is that it works fine from the query analyzer .. when I cut and
paste the code to vb .. it dosen't ..

I also can't use the insert statement from VB either ... it gives me a 3158
error 'Insert on linked table ??? failed' .. but the table isn't a linked
table .. and also works fine from the query analyzer ...

any suggestions ??

2. ORACLE APPS DBA/ CONTRACT/ FL

3. ODBC Error: Operation must use an updatable query.

4. CO-Denver-14049--ORACLE-PowerBuilder-PFC-Programmer/Analyst

5. Operation must use an updatable query. (Error 3073)

6. Cannot Get Autonumber field - using DataEnvironment?

7. Run time error 3073 -Operation must use an updatable query

8. updating a user's app

9. Error 3073 - Operation must use an updatable query

10. Error 3073, Operation must use an updatable query

11. Error: 0002: The operation must be an updatable query