Jet Engine crashes

Post by A. & R. Montanar » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hi,
vb6 shps a new Dao350.dll located in program\common..\microsoft sared\dao
that needs Expsrv.dll located in Windows\system dir

replace dao350.dll with the old vb5 CD's file..
my 0,02$
hth
Andrea Montanari

Jet Engine crashes

Post by George Thornto » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> hi,
> vb6 shps a new Dao350.dll located in program\common..\microsoft sared\dao
> that needs Expsrv.dll located in Windows\system dir

> replace dao350.dll with the old vb5 CD's file..
> my 0,02$

That's your 2 cents worth? Well my friend....your 2 cents is worth about 2
MILLION DOLLARS TO ME!!!! IT WORKED
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come to my arms!!! *bear hug*

Thankyou SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

I have to deliver this product in a demo-able format in two days time....I'm
behind schedule because of all the time I've spent trying to track down this
ridiculous problem! I thought I was toast! I just couldn't solve it! But you
did! And you cannot imagine the overwhelming relief flooding through me right
now :)

Once again, my sincerest, most heartfelt, deepest, most profound gratitude to
you sir!!!

Thanks also to all the others who responded - all advice was appreciated!

I think I'll just have a lie down now.

--
===============================
George

===============================

1. Jet Engine Crashing

I have an Access 7.0 database with stored parameterized queries.  I run a
Client application written in VB5 using DAO3.5 and Jet3.51, and the
operating system is NT4.0 SP3.  When I trigger two or more Clients (using
Windows Sockets) to run the same stored parameterized select query
(recordset type is snapshot) at the same instant about 95% of the time the
Jet engine will crash with an Access Violation. Looking at the Dr. Watson
logs the fault almost always occurs on the same instruction in MSJET35.DLL.

By using dynamic SQL embedded in the VB code (temporary query defs) the
crash does not occur.

I have not found any information on MSDN that states two users should not be
able to run the same stored parameterized query at the same instant. I
prefer the use stored queries and not dynamic sql.

This appears to be a bug in DAO, JET, or the Access DB (an access violation
is unacceptable in a db engine). Has anyone else ever experienced this
problem?

2. Paradox 10 - Table Expert

3. Jet Engine Crashes

4. P4Win, Summary fields in Table Frames?

5. jet engine engine.idle

6. Help: loading jdbc driver from an applet in a browser

7. ODBC engine vs. Jet engine

8. Foreign Key Problem

9. jet engine engine.idle

10. Jet Engine 3.5.1 vs. Jet Engine 4.0

11. 4GL program crashes engine!

12. 7.12 engine crashes on SCO Openserver 5

13. Engine Crashes - Are they acceptable? (fwd)