How to add new records in a new database

How to add new records in a new database

Post by Bob » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi, How can I add new records in a new database using bound input control? I tried to use "data1.recordset.addnew", but failed.
Thank in advance.

Bob

How to add new records in a new database

Post by J Matthew Peter » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm not exeactly sure what your trying to do, if your adding a record to a
database with a form, i don't think i would bind it as much as have a
command button call a procedure to run an insert into query with the data
from the form.  If your using something like sql server this would be a good
method.

Matt Peters

>Hi, How can I add new records in a new database using bound input control?

I tried to use "data1.recordset.addnew", but failed.
Quote:>Thank in advance.

>Bob

1. adding new records & new record

 Three things:

1) I have a text box bound to a data control & am trying to update the
recordset on exiting the text box but keep getting "This action cancelled by
an Associated Object (3426)." I have the Article from MS but it doesn't work
(everyone should read this article Q189851; it redefines 'useless') I just
want to update the record when I want to. I guess MS knows when I should
update better than I do, "Would you like to update today?"

2) How can I tell if I'm 'on' a new record?

3) Where can I find good doc's on not using bound controls?

Please & Thanks for any help...

2. BDE Redistributing

3. Problem adding new record to SQL database recordset

4. Problems Formating a Tape

5. adding records to new database - cancelled by associated object

6. Enterprise version

7. Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl

8. data load opinions needed

9. add a new record into my Access database

10. adding new record in an empty database

11. best way to add new records to database?

12. Problems adding new records to a table's database

13. Error adding record to new DAO database