ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2

ODBC Drive returns records using MDAC 2.0 but not MDAC 2.1 SP 2

Post by dan_he.. » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am developing an IIS Application using VB6.0 Pro that performs
database retreival using a Honeywell ODBC driver.  I am using ADO on
top of the ODBC driver for data access. I developed this program on a
system with VB 6.0 and MDAC 2.0 installed.  Using MDAC 2.0 and ADO 2.0,
when i performed a query, the correct recordset was returned. However,
when trying to run the program on the production web server, which has
MDAC 2.1 SP2 installed, I can still connect to the database using ADO
(now 2.1), but when querying the database using the same SQL statements
as before, all recordsets are returned with the BOF and EOF properties
set to true indicating no records. Why would an ODBC driver work with
MDAC 2.0 but not 2.1 (SP2) (ADO 2.0 but not ADO 2.1)?? Are there subtle
differences in the connection string parameters needed? what can I try
in order to fix this problem?  is there any way to downgrade a system
with MDAC 2.1 installed to MDAC 2.0?? I have configured the systems the
same except for the different versions of MDAC, but are there any other
factors that could possibly cause this problem?? Thanks in advance,
Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/