Installing Multiuser Access app, HOW?

Post by Kiran Dhol » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an VB+Access multiuser app under development.  This will have two
parts. One will be used by system administrator to set up data AND
database file location, and other part will be used by all employees in
the company. I don't want each user to set up database on his m/c as it
will be used by all other users, so it has to be in common place with
some common data(set up by administrator)

My problem is how do I distribute or setup or prepare setup disks
for this app. I'm sure this is very common for multiuser app.

What is the process?

Thanks for your time and interest in replying to this problem.

-- Kiran

Post by Joe Garri » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I have an VB+Access multiuser app under development.  This will have two
>parts. One will be used by system administrator to set up data AND
>database file location, and other part will be used by all employees in
>the company. I don't want each user to set up database on his m/c as it
>will be used by all other users, so it has to be in common place with
>some common data(set up by administrator)

The only thing I've been able to come up with for this is to
provide a file open dialog which appears the first time the user
runs the app. Once they have opened the db, you can save the path
in the registry or an .ini file.

Someone else may have a more elegant solution which modifies the
setup program or something.

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick

1. VB - Access 2000 multiuser apps

Dear all,

Where I can find information, articles or examples  of how to create a
visual basic application that works with an access 2000 database placed in
the server and the client apps ineach workstation of the LAN ?
I need info about writing in the access database simultaneously from 2
workstation using ADO.

Thanks to all.

2. Client files?

3. Getting back to Access 95 after app install

4. CA San Fran. UI Developer

5. Help with Delphi/Access Database App install

6. Please help with Fax Database

7. VB3 mdb app broken w/Access 97 Install

8. List of all dlls, ocxs, exes, dbs, related files etc. needed to run..

9. Access XP install broke ASP apps

10. Named Pipes vs TCP/IP (setting automatically during app install or within app)

11. Delphi and multiuser apps.

12. Paradox apps under Multiuser DOS