Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

Post by Michael Pras » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

I have written an OCX control in VB6 which uses a Sheridan Data Widget
control and therefore has a dependency of SSDW3B32.OCX. The VB6 Package &
Deployment wizard correctly picks up this file but on some machines BUT not
all I get the following error when the setup program for my controlis run:
Error occured while registering the file c:\windows\system\ssdw3b32.ocx

I am using my control to connect to SQL Server 6.5 via ADO and bring back
some records and using this control in a client server Access 97 app.

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

1. Deployment wizard package VB6

I've created a VB6 application. When I installed the package on another
machine (where VB is not installed), I got the following error message:
"An error occured while registering the filemsado21.tlb". Then, when I run
the application, I cannot connect to a database server (SQL Server 7).

Any ideas?

2. writing an application using JDBC?

3. Package & Deployment Wizard with SQL2000

4. SQL Server Client Configuration utility

5. Package & Deployment Wizard

6. Multiple Questions about Oracle

7. Package & Deployment Wizard and Bitmaps

8. tempdb fills up

9. package & Deployment Wizard

10. Package&Deployment wizard problem

11. Package & Deployment Wizard Problem

12. Package & Deployment Wizard Query

13. Package and Deployment Wizard Error 743