How do you store / retrieve a blob?

Post by Nick Pisars » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I dont understand how blobs work? You get a InputStream and then read it?
Does it even come across from the database when you make a ResultSet? If it
does, then it would take an aweful long time to retrieve the rs.

1. retrieving documents stored in BLOB fields

Hi

I have been able to successfully store word documents and excel spreadsheets
in a SQL Server blob field (image data type) using the ADO Stream object.

However I would now like to retrieve them.  What I am looking for is, say a
hyperlink on a user form (VB/Access) that, when clicked, will open the
document in its correct application.

Thanks in advance.

Phil J

2. transfer data between multiple databases

3. Retrieving Files Stored in LOBS / BLOBS

4. Exclusive lock

5. Storing/Retrieving null blobs through CLongBinary objects?

6. Database - Verify Database

7. storing/retrieving blobs in Access 2000

8. ORA-04031 errors

9. Storing/Retrieving Blobs

10. Store and Retrieve image file to and from MSSQL BLOB

11. Edit/Store/Retrieve/Submit SQL Server Blobs via XML

12. How store/retrieve BLOB in VB5 and SQl Server7

13. Blobs: How to tell when I retrieved a null blob