How to import ASCII-text to Access-MDB using Visual Basic

How to import ASCII-text to Access-MDB using Visual Basic

Post by BIGRabb » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The books I have don't explain it deeply enough.
Can someone please help me.

How to import ASCII-text to Access-MDB using Visual Basic

Post by Kizz » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

There's a good example at:

http://www.farther.com/VBAnswerNetwork/

Quote:>The books I have don't explain it deeply enough.
>Can someone please help me.

How to import ASCII-text to Access-MDB using Visual Basic

Post by Steven J. Swart » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

depends
do u want VB to open access or parse out the file into a table?

PS. i tried to send u email - returned
+ADw-360c22cc.5600799+AEA-news.a2000.nl+AD4-...
+AD4-The books I have don't explain it deeply enough.
+AD4-Can someone please help me.
+AD4-
+AD4-

How to import ASCII-text to Access-MDB using Visual Basic

Post by BIGRabb » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>depends
>do u want VB to open access or parse out the file into a table?

I want to parse a ASCII-file into an existing table.
The ASCII-file is not delimited, but that's not the problem (I think). It's possible for me
to filter this out.
The only problem is how to accessing the table in VB.

Thanks for your reply.

Post by Paul Cleme » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

?The books I have don't explain it deeply enough.
?Can someone please help me.

Try MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/support/) article Q149090. You
can probably adapt this example for Visual Basic.

Paul
~~~~

Post by BIGRabb » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Try MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/support/) article Q149090. You
>can probably adapt this example for Visual Basic.

Thanks Paul, but the input is not structured very well.
1. I have to format the input while running the program
2. I only have to fill a MDB-file, I don't have to use MS Access, it is another
program using this MDB-file as input.

greetz
Hans