Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

Post by Russell Wilkins » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
application.

Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
otherwise of the report??

The problem I have, is that a number of my reports may not actually
produce anything (i.e. no valid data). This is OK, but it would be
nice to be able to put up a message saying that the repor produced no
data (or something like that).

Does anyone have any ideas.

Any help would be useful.

Cheers

Russ
R & L Enterprises - Software/ Hardware Development & Distribution
M.L. Greenwood's & Associates - Business & Technical Consultancy

Post by Darryl » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:(Russell Wilkinson) writes:
>Hi All,

>I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
>application.

>Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
>otherwise of the report??

How about running the same query in your app that you send to the report
and check the number of returned records.

---------------------------

Darryl Brooks
Atlanta, Ga.
---------------------------

Post by msm.. » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> I have a number of reports I am using from CR 4.5 within my
> application.

> Is there an easy (or hard) way to get feedback on the success or
> otherwise of the report??

> The problem I have, is that a number of my reports may not actually
> produce anything (i.e. no valid data). This is OK, but it would be
> nice to be able to put up a message saying that the repor produced no
> data (or something like that).

> Does anyone have any ideas.

> Any help would be useful.

> Cheers

> Russ
> R & L Enterprises - Software/ Hardware Development & Distribution
> M.L. Greenwood's & Associates - Business & Technical Consultancy

Insert a formula field that says "No Records Found" into the page
header.
Create a formula that says: WhilePrintingRecord;
                            " "

           Hope this helps.