VB - Access 2000 multiuser apps

Post by Gino Cecchetti » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Dear all,

Where I can find information, articles or examples  of how to create a
visual basic application that works with an access 2000 database placed in
the server and the client apps ineach workstation of the LAN ?
I need info about writing in the access database simultaneously from 2
workstation using ADO.

Thanks to all.

VB - Access 2000 multiuser apps

Post by Doug Shoke » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Amazon.com............

And the heavy hitters over on the Access newsgroup suggest that for a Jet to
Jet application, ADO may have a performance hit that DAO doesn't have.
Pardon me for possibly using the wrong words here, but DAO is native to Jet
( the built-in database engine for VB and Access). ADO is a very smooth and
faster (in my limited experience) successor to ODBC but is still extra
overhead when  Jet is manipulating Jet data.

As usual, your mileage may vary.  And if I've led you astray here, will
someone please correct me?

Doug Shokes

Quote:> Dear all,

> Where I can find information, articles or examples  of how to create a
> visual basic application that works with an access 2000 database placed in
> the server and the client apps ineach workstation of the LAN ?
> I need info about writing in the access database simultaneously from 2
> workstation using ADO.

> Thanks to all.

1. Distributing VB/Access 2000 Apps to non Access 2000 owners

This is probabily a stupid question but I could really use an answer to set
my mind at peace:

I cannot seem to be able to run an application that uses ACCESS 2000
database format in computers that do not have ACCESS 2000 installed, am I
missing something or do people have to purchase ACCESS 2000 to run the
program?

Of course the programs have access to a 2000 database (through network) and
the error is something to the effect of "Driver not installed".

Thank you all in advance for any help!

Oscar

2. Incorrect MCDBA qn??

3. Run Access 2000 Macro w/in a VB 6 App

4. SET CONSTRAINTS taking a long time

5. VB App Check if Access 97 / 2000

6. P9 Select All problems

7. VB app slower after converting database from Access 97 to 2000

8. Extract Data From a Cursor Into a Textbox

9. vb app and Access 2000 freezing when connected to Oracle 8.1.7 db

10. Migrating Access 2000 + VB 6 App to XP

11. E_FAIL status with Access 2000/VB app

12. Multiuser apps in VB 6.0 Pro

13. Error 91 on MultiUser VB/Acc 2.0 App