"Invalid Char in Field" error

Post by John Aldried » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm getting the same message every time I try to add or edit a date
field:
        EDatabase Error:  Invalid Char in Field:  DOB   (for example).

I've tried using/not using edit masks, changing Regional settings in
Win95, etc., etc.   I can't imagine what is going on. Existing data is
fine, as long as I don't try to edit it  and post it or add a new
record.

I would appreciate any thought anyone might have on this.
I'm using Delphi 3, Paradox 4.0 tables.

Thanks!
John

1. How to make a "decimal"-field to an "integer"-field

Hello
It is probably very easy, but I can't figure it out:
A field in a table on my MSSQL-server is at decimal-field, but in a view I
would like to use the field as an integer-field. I have tryed the SQL-code:

SELECT Int([Tabel1]![Felt2]) AS Udtryk1
FROM Tabel1;

but it dosn't work ! How do I do that ?

Thanks, Mads.

2. need help for a update command

3. setting Field.Datatype = "Invalid operation"

4. standalone paradox database

5. "Invalid field type" exception

6. "The Benchmark Handbook for Database & Transaction Processing Systems"

7. Invalid Value for Field "Date1"

8. btree unique keys

9. mssql uniqueidentifier causes "invalid field type"

10. Another "memo field missing/invalid"

11. Cannot get past "Invalid Field Datatype"

12. HELP - "MEMO field missing/invalid"

13. aReport."Field".SetFilter("this")?