Sorting detail records in a master detail relation.

Sorting detail records in a master detail relation.

Post by Epenhuyse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello, how can i sort the detail table in a master/detail relation ?

Thanx Frank Bijlard

Post by JefSumme » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Hello, how can i sort the detail table in a master/detail relation ?

>Thanx Frank Bijlard

With an index.
/js

1. Problem when inserting records in the detail table (master/detail relation)

I often have this problem, when using D2 : I use a Master/detail relation,
using the MasterSource and MasterFields properties of the detail table, and
when I use an "append" method in the detail table, the new record isn't
created. The "new" record is the last one of the table. But this problem doen't
happen with every Master/Detail relation, and I'm puzzled, since I can't see
any difference. Is this due to a specific property of one TTable or one DataSet
? If you know this, it could be very helpful

2. Nashville, TN - Oracle DBA needed!

3. Master-Detail : Sorting Detail?

4. How many cursors can

5. Link multiple datagrids to a single record (Master\Detail Form with multiple details)

6. 17014-NC-RALEIGH/DURHAM-ORACLE-ORACLE Forms- Oracle Developer

7. HELP: Master-detail form: sequence of detail records

8. Selecting from Master/Detail w/ Detail as columns of Master

9. Master-detail-detail-detial with Cascade delete

10. Master/Detail lookup - losing detail field

11. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report