** SQL link 3.0 only allow 32K image ??? Help......?????

** SQL link 3.0 only allow 32K image ??? Help......?????

Post by Dick Won » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
  I have the following problems :

When I tried to put a large image (over 1MB or larger 32K) into the DBImage
component from the clipboard and then save it. There is an error message
display : "Invalid BLOB Length".

In MS-SQL server 6.5, I defined the field type is "IMAGE".

Now I am using the Delphi Client/Server suit 2.0 with BDE 3.0, SQL link 3.0
and MS-SQL 6.5 server for my application.

For my assumption, this should be the problem of SQL link 3.0 since
1. In help menu, I checked the SQL Link 3.0 only can handle 32K image size,
so any image larger than 32K error will happen.
2. I use the same large photo in a paradox table(local table), it works
smoothly since it does not need any sql link driver.

Therefore, I guess it should be the problem of SQL link 3.0 . Am I right
??????

If you have any ideal or suggestions, please e-mail to me.

--

** SQL link 3.0 only allow 32K image ??? Help......?????

Post by Marc Batchel » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

says...

As stupid as this sounds, make sure the table has a clustered unique index,
then the problems should go away. I saw this in Sybase with SQL Links, and
this was the solution.

--
Marc Batchelor
AppSource Corporation - www.appsource.com

Post by Mike Destei » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hello,
>   I have the following problems :

> When I tried to put a large image (over 1MB or larger 32K) into the DBImage
> component from the clipboard and then save it. There is an error message
> display : "Invalid BLOB Length".

> In MS-SQL server 6.5, I defined the field type is "IMAGE".

> Now I am using the Delphi Client/Server suit 2.0 with BDE 3.0, SQL link 3.0
> and MS-SQL 6.5 server for my application.

> For my assumption, this should be the problem of SQL link 3.0 since
> 1. In help menu, I checked the SQL Link 3.0 only can handle 32K image size,
> so any image larger than 32K error will happen.
> 2. I use the same large photo in a paradox table(local table), it works
> smoothly since it does not need any sql link driver.

> Therefore, I guess it should be the problem of SQL link 3.0 . Am I right
> ??????

> If you have any ideal or suggestions, please e-mail to me.

> --

Dick,

Please get the updated SQL Links (v 3.5).  See
http://www.borland.com/bde for further information.

Mike Destein
Borland

1. Blobs greater than 32K in SQL-Server 6.5/Delphi 3.0

Is anyone experiencing problems with SQL-Server 6.5 and Delphi 3.0 where by
you can't seem to create BLOBs greater than 32K in size? We've tried
everything on different machines and no matter what we try it always comes
up with an error "Invalid BLOB Length"!! :(

We've never really noticed this before because we usually only use BLOBs
for memos and the like, but now we need to start storing much bigger things
like bitmaps and we seem to be stuck...

Could anyone with any suggestions on how to cure/get around this problem

the problem or Borland would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for reading,

//chris

2. Is there any USER has problem when using wizard.vcx...?VFP problem

3. Maximum Image size allowed for Image Datatype

4. Deploying SQL2000 client tools

5. Maximum Image size allowed for Image datatype.

6. Web Based applications

7. Image/Text and 32K limitation

8. Passing array to a command

9. ODBC invalid bitmap image error (BLOB > 32K)

10. 32k image default

11. BCP with image data > 32k

12. SQL Linked Table w/ Nulls Not Allowed