Crystal Reports 4.5

Post by Richar » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have created reports using Crystal Reports 4.5 and I want to pass on 2
variables form my VB app to Crystal Reports, the variables being DateFrom to
DateTo that would be used by CR for doing record selection.

I have tried the Formula Editor inside CR but to no avail. How do I declare
my two date variables and have Crystal reports work with them?

Thank you in advance
--
Richard

Crystal Reports 4.5

Post by Jeremy Markm » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Are you using the Crystal Reports OCX control to run your reports from
VB?  If so, lookup the SelectionFormula property.

Jeremy

>I have created reports using Crystal Reports 4.5 and I want to pass on 2
>variables form my VB app to Crystal Reports, the variables being DateFrom to
>DateTo that would be used by CR for doing record selection.

>I have tried the Formula Editor inside CR but to no avail. How do I declare
>my two date variables and have Crystal reports work with them?

>Thank you in advance
>--
>Richard

Crystal Reports 4.5

Post by Charles Jacob » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The syntax for passing info to crystal reports is a tough one.  Here is a
sub that I use to pass a selection parameter to crystal reports 4.6

Private Sub mnuerl_Click()
Dim SELECTION As String
Dim ERLCIN As String
ERLCIN = InputBox("Enter CIN to Report on", "ERL REPORT")
SELECTION = "({imrl.CIN} = '" & UCase(ERLCIN) & "' Or {imrl.TSCIN} = '" &
UCase(ERLCIN) & "')"
CrystalReport1(0).DataFiles(0) = gsDatabase
CrystalReport1(0).ReportFileName = App.path & "\erl.rpt"
CrystalReport1(0).GroupSelectionFormula = SELECTION     '  "{IMRL.CIN} =
'C-100-3187'"
CrystalReport1(i).SortFields(0) = "+{imrl.ITEM}"
CrystalReport1(0).WindowState = crptMaximized
CrystalReport1(0).PrintReport
End Sub

--
Chuck

1. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

I have what I hope to be a simple question.  I am using CRW 4.5 Pro
with VB 4.0.  One of the main reasons we purchased CRW was to be able
to easily print the record selection from a data control.  We can't.

The documentation that comes with CRW is confusing.  Both the manuals
and the on-line support several versions.

I have written a search tool for a single Access 2.0 table.  What I'd
like to do is simply print the results of the query, connected to a
data control, to a preformatted report (which _they_ claim you can).

Does anyone have any experience (read: luck) with this?
Thanks in Advance!
/*

   Computing Analyst
   Oak Ridge National Laboratory
   http://www.ornl.gov
*/

2. DBList control

3. Crystal Reports 4.5 question

4. Concurrent Stored Procedure Execution

5. Jet 2.5 and Crystal Reports 4.5

6. OSF DCE Conference - August 21-23, 1995- Boston, MA - IEIQM03

7. DAO3.5,VC5.0 and Crystal Reports 4.5 - a problem

8. Blob and SQl Server

9. Crystal Reports 4.5 & Delphi 3

10. Crystal Reports 4.5 Feedback to Visual Basic 4.

11. Crystal Reports 4.5 Resources

12. Crystal Reports 4.5 printing prob.

13. Is there anything better than Crystal Report 4.5?