problem with crystal report in VB6

Post by Fran?ois Delorm » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I opened in VB6 a program i created with vb5 which includes a crystal report
object (crystl32.ocx) and a error occurs refusing to load the control. I
have tried to register it again with regocx32.exe but vb6 still does not
want to load this component.

Thanks for any help

1. Problems with Crystal Report v4.6 + VB6 Pro and Access 2000

Good day to all
As the subject of my message implies, I created a database front end in VB6
Pro using an Access 2000 mdb file. All went great until I called the Crystal
Report v4.6 which refuse to open the Access 2000 mdb file. I then realized
that this older version of Crystal Report is not compatible with Access 2000
mdb file format. As I can't afford to upgrade to the latest version of
Crystal Report, I have to downgrade Access file format and use an Access 97
mdb file but my clients use Office 2000 at the office. My questions are :
If I downgrade to Access 97, will my application work on their machine
equipped with Access 2000 ?
What steps should I do here in order to make it fully compatible ?
What files should I install in term of MDACxx, DCOM95  etc etc ?
What any other steps should I use here that I don't think of ?
Do I have to uninstall Access 2000 and go back to Access 97 ?
All these questions are because I need to create reports in Crystal Reports
v4.6 and made them compatible with machine using Office 2000.

Thanks for responding.

Regards

2. HOWTO: Execute SP from within ACC2000

3. VB6 Data Reports or of Crystal Reports?

4. ::jw1133 Oracle Database Administrator Portland area, Oregon

5. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

6. New Database Admin

7. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

8. US-Anywhere: Technology Consultants with Oracle Experience

9. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

10. Crystal Reports for VB6 ????

11. Pervasive and Crystal Reports and VB6

12. HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

13. update access database to create diagram with crystal report (VB6)