Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

Post by Neil Woodvin » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 06:27:21

Christopher,

I think the problem may well be that the package and deployment program does
not pick up on the required file MSDERUN.DLL.

This file will be installed on your machine with VB and would explain why
the executable works on your machine.

Rerun the Package and Deployment wizard and on one of the screens you get
the opportunity to add a file manually.

Find MSDERUN.DLL and add it.

Make sure it registers on the client machine aswell.

Cheers,
Neil

I created the sample Data Report that is outlined in MSDN under VB98,
"Creating a
Simple Report".  I then ran the Package and Deployment Wizard on the project
that
I had just created.  I tested the setup file on three computers, mine being
one
of them.  The executable works on my computer, but not on the others.  Does
anyone have an idea why?

Package and Deployment Wizard doesn't work with Data Environment Report

Post by Dave Flower » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:54:40

You might also checkout the Visual Studio Installer. It is a free download
and is designed for Windows 2000 and includes the Windows Installer for
Windows 9x and NT. It is the ONLY  free installer that has worked on every
computer for me.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/vsi11/download.asp

Check it out
Dave

I created the sample Data Report that is outlined in MSDN under VB98,
"Creating a
Simple Report".  I then ran the Package and Deployment Wizard on the project
that
I had just created.  I tested the setup file on three computers, mine being
one
of them.  The executable works on my computer, but not on the others.  Does
anyone have an idea why?

1. Using Package and Deployment Wizard - Didn't work

I have a program written in VB6 on a NT 4.0 machine.  It gets data from
2 different access databases, and writes some additional info to a 3rd
access database.  I have the program running beautifully on my machine,
no problems.  When I used the Package and Deployment wizard to create a
setup.exe file it works great.  Will install on a users machine (with
NT 4.0) fine, but when you try to execute the program you get an
error "3706 Provider cannot be found and cannot be installed".  I am
not a network guy or even a great programmer, and am really stumped.
Please help.

Here is a section of my VB6 Program that access the database if this
helps at all:

Dim dbProj As ADODB.Connection
    Set dbProj = New Connection
    dbProj.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    dbProj.Open "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=\\Pnrt001
\Common\Cost_Sys\db\Procure.mdb;"
    Set rsproj = New Recordset
    rsproj.Open "select Project_ID from Project where IsObsolete =
False", dbProj, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
    Set dataProjNum.RowSource = rsproj
    dataProjNum.BoundColumn = "Project_ID"
    dataProjNum.ListField = "Project_ID"

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Database Transfers

3. SQL Builder doesn't work in Data Environment

4. How to replace...

5. Delete doesn't work in Data Environment

6. Insert results of SP into table HELP!!

7. Help with corrupted DTS

8. Deployment Wizard Doesn't

9. Delete doesn't work in Date Environment

10. SQL 7 (RTM Enterprise) Failover wizard doesn't work on IBM NetFinity cluster

11. DTS Package On Fail Event doesn't work