Delphi Access BDE driver and Windows Office XP/2000 with Windows XP or Windows 2000 ??

Delphi Access BDE driver and Windows Office XP/2000 with Windows XP or Windows 2000 ??

Post by Alf Christophers » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:30:07

Are Delphi 5 BDE accessd driver compatible with Windows Office XP and
Windows XP or do I need to update some drivers to have this working??

Delphi Access BDE driver and Windows Office XP/2000 with Windows XP or Windows 2000 ??

Post by M.H. Avegaar » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:43:50

The BDE MSACCESS driver can only work with DAO 3.0 (Access 95) and 3.5
(Access 97). It has no support for DAO 3.6 (Access 2000) and 3.7 (Access
2002).
If you want to use Access 2000 or 2002 databases with the BDE you'll have to
use the MS Access ODBC driver.
However, the preferred method is to use ADO (e.g. by using ADOExpress
instead of the BDE).

Quote:> Are Delphi 5 BDE accessd driver compatible with Windows Office XP and
> Windows XP or do I need to update some drivers to have this working??

1. Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

Hi there,

can anyone help me with a definitive guide as to what combination of the
following should work correctly. My understanding is that there is a
known problem with a version of the msolap80.dll that has shipped with
some releases of MDAC 2.7 but I don't know which MDAC 2.7 releases are
or aren't OK.

Windows XP  and AS2000 sp1
Windows XP  and AS2000 sp2
Would including Office XP in the mix of the above make any difference?

Basically, I need to find a combination that is OK whether it involves
installing PTSFull from AS 2000 SP1 or SP2 or from Office 2000 or
where-ever. Also I gather there may be a release of MDAC 2.7 SP1 out
shortly?

Graeme Axworthy
Senior Architect
Global Product Development - Europe
Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7393 5509
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7393 5503

IMS HEALTH
7 Harewood Avenue, London, NW1 6JB, UK.
www.imshealth.com

2. No results via ODBC for stored procedure

3. SQL2000 Desktop Install Failure on Windows XP from Office XP

4. mmc give runtime error in database.htm

5. Install Windows 2000 after windows xp

6. Table unload in ESQLC

7. ADOX/DAO create Access 97 on Windows 9X and Access on Windows XP

8. property 'Use Encryption for Data' not supported

9. Problems loading Oracle ODBC driver on Windows 2000 or XP

10. SQL Server 2000 ODBC Driver in Windows XP

11. SQL Server 2000 ODBC Driver for Windows XP

12. Access 97 and SQL Server 2000, EE and WIndows XP Pro

13. Problems with Access 97connecting to SQL 2000 using Windows XP Pro