Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by Tom Bat » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

This not-too-descriptive error happens when I assign an image to a
picture box and try to save the changes to the record. It appears to
be related to the size of the image. MS KB article Q183060 alludes to
this possibility, saying that this error can occur when attempting to
store too much data for a given field. But in this case, the
underlying field is an OLE Object, a.k.a. a BLOB, which I thought was
the same as a memo field, which can be very large. The image is only
150x150 pixels.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Tom

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by CT » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Tom,

Have you seen KB article Q198532 FIX: ADO: Unable To Update Memo Field > 64K
In Access Database?

--
Regards

Carsten Thomsen
MCSE/VB Programmer & Analyst

PLEASE post ALL replies to the newsgroup(s) so we can all benefit from the
discussion!

Quote:> This not-too-descriptive error happens when I assign an image to a
> picture box and try to save the changes to the record. It appears to
> be related to the size of the image. MS KB article Q183060 alludes to
> this possibility, saying that this error can occur when attempting to
> store too much data for a given field. But in this case, the
> underlying field is an OLE Object, a.k.a. a BLOB, which I thought was
> the same as a memo field, which can be very large. The image is only
> 150x150 pixels.

> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Tom

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by Tom Bat » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

CT,

Thanks. That's exactly it. When I searched MSDN, I must not have used
just the right keywords, because I didn't see this article.

I was lulled by the small file sizes and image sizes I was trying to
use. I presume JPG's are decompressed in the image control, so they're
a lot larger than they are on disk.

Now I have to see where I can find Jet 4.0.

Have you used any good image control that dynamically resizes the
image to fit the control?

Thanks
Tom

Quote:>Tom,

>Have you seen KB article Q198532 FIX: ADO: Unable To Update Memo Field > 64K
>In Access Database?

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by Jeff Koh » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

FYI, when the VB Err object reports "Errors Occurred", the ADO Connection
object's Errors collection should be able to provide you with more
information.

Jeff

Post by Roger Morto » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Now I have to see where I can find Jet 4.0.

Not necessarily, if you've been having the same problem that I had. This 64K
limit arose for me when tring to use parameterised queries to insert BLOBS into
an Access97 table. The other option, which worked fine way beyond 64k, was to use
the AddNew method on an updateable recordset.

Roger Morton

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by Tom Bat » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm using AddNew on an updatable recordset.

Tom

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:02:24 GMT, Roger Morton

>> Now I have to see where I can find Jet 4.0.

>Not necessarily, if you've been having the same problem that I had. This 64K
>limit arose for me when tring to use parameterised queries to insert BLOBS into
>an Access97 table. The other option, which worked fine way beyond 64k, was to use
>the AddNew method on an updateable recordset.

>Roger Morton

Next Problem - Error 80040E21 "Error Occurred."

Post by Tom Bat » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

OK, after hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing, I fiddled around long
enough between OLEDB setup in control panel and the connection string
builder in the VB6 ADO control that I found something that works. I'm
assuming this is because I have Access 97 installed on my machine.

dbn is the pathname to the database passed into the function that
builds and returns the connection string

---------- below is all on one line -----------------
datPrimaryRS.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
Info=False;User ID=admin;Extended Properties=" & Chr$(34) & "DSN=MS
Access 97 Database;DBQ=" & dbn & ";DriverId=25;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=512;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;" & Chr$(34)
---------------------------------------

I don't claim to know what it means. All I know is that it works. I
can now save images to the OLE Object field that are megabytes in
size.

Tom

>This not-too-descriptive error happens when I assign an image to a
>picture box and try to save the changes to the record. It appears to
>be related to the size of the image. MS KB article Q183060 alludes to
>this possibility, saying that this error can occur when attempting to
>store too much data for a given field. But in this case, the
>underlying field is an OLE Object, a.k.a. a BLOB, which I thought was
>the same as a memo field, which can be very large. The image is only
>150x150 pixels.

>Any ideas?
>Thanks
>Tom

1. Error 2147217887 -- "Errors Occurred"

I am using disconnected ADO  recordsets, from an Access database .
Whenever I user a statement like this:

rs1!MyField1 = rs2!MyField2

I get Error 2147217887 -- "Errors Occurred"

But this statement work OK:
   rs1!MyField1 = rs2("!MyField2").value

Also, this works OK:
   Dim x as variant
   x = rs2!MyField2
   rs1!MyField1 = x

Also , the same code against SQL Server 7.0 (same database) works OK.

The CursorLocation = adUseClient
CursorType:=adOpenStatic, LockType:=adLockBatchOptimistic
The connect string is: Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\
... \mydatabase.mdb;"

I have MDAC 2.1.2.4202.3 installed.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

-- BobC

2. A list like Outlook...

3. DTS Error-2147217887 (80040E21) Error string: Errors occurred

4. Ilogin Demo failed with the error -931

5. ADO msg "Errors occurred" after update

6. TEST

7. "Timeout expired" errors occur randomly

8. How to retrieve length of data in text/ntext/image fields

9. Getting "Arithmetic Overflow Occurred" error...help

10. "An unexpected internal error has occurred"

11. ADO msg "Errors occurred" after update

12. Errormessage "Errors occurred"

13. "Server out of memory" error followed by "Unexpected fatal error occurred."