VB6 Data Control + Microsoft Access (French) = Error 525 (Data Access Error)

VB6 Data Control + Microsoft Access (French) = Error 525 (Data Access Error)

Post by Mathew Weave » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:12:37

We have a VB6 application that uses a VB.Data control bound to an Access
database.

There seems to be some conflict between the VB.Data control and the French
version of Microsoft Access.

When our application is installed on Windows 2000 Professional (French) with
Microsoft Access (French), our code produces an error (525 - Data Access
Error) everytime it attempts a Data.Refresh.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a known resolution?

1. Error 525 "Data Access Error"

I have a simple little VB4-16 database program that displays info from one
of two tables. To change tables, the user simply clicks an option button.
This has been working just fine until lately, when an error 525 is
generated after the user swaps tables several times (2 to 4 times
typically). I can't find error 525 in the trappable errors, so I only know
the ever-so-helpful text description included in the error dialog: Data
Access Error.

Any info on the error, or ideas on how to code a table switch safely?. The
app makes use of a data control.  TIA

2. SQL server 6.5 tables in Access, delete problem

3. RT Error 525 - 'Data Access error'

4. SQL Alerts

5. Data Access Error 525

6. Info re IUS and Java

7. Data Access error 525???

8. Save Message.

9. error 3265 when accessing odbc data source through data control

10. VB6-Data Control-Can't find data access library

11. data1.refresh error 525 "Data Access Error"

12. Microsoft Data Access Components Error

13. Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 Setup - Error