MS SQL Server 7 and "uniqueidentity"-type columns

MS SQL Server 7 and "uniqueidentity"-type columns

Post by Ethan Shay » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I'm using SQL Server 7 (Desktop), accessed via JDK 1.2's JDBC-ODBC
bridge under Windows 98 (both SQL Server and client).

SQL Server 7 has a new datatype, "uniqueidentity." When I try to get
my class to access data from a column of this type (via
ResultSet::getString()), I get an error "Numeric value out of range."
(Other column types work fine, though.) When I examine the metadata
for this "uniqueidentity" column, I see that the type is "-11," which
seems a little suspect.

I'm pretty new to Java (and JDBC) - at this point, I'm not even sure
if this is a problem with my Java code, with JDK 1.2's JDBC component,
with my version of ODBC, or with SQL Server 7. Has anyone else run
into this problem?

        Thanks,
                Ethan Shayne

1. Type "Image" in SQl Server 7

A question :
If I have a table with a column defined as type "image",
how can I view the image, to clarify:
if I use the query:

SELECT * FROM table

I don't view the image but only the binay format of the file

Thank you for every advice
Paride

--
Paride

(togliere XX dall'indirizzo)

2. Create a Link to an ODBC Database with MFC DAO

3. sql server 7 data type "BIT"

4. External routine call from PL/SQL

5. Comparing Columns of type "Image"

6. SQL Statement problem in Mastering VB course

7. Trouble with the "Text" type column

8. ShowInTaskBar has no effect

10. Determining "column" type

11. updating "text" data type column

12. MS SQL Server "Developer Edition"

13. "Development" version of MS SQL Server