Printer Port Interfacing Using Java

Post by Sanje » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:10:35

Hello,
        I am trying to communicate with the printer port using Java. my aim
right now is only to turn a single LED from my Java Program. I am new
to this type of Programming. If anybody has done it already plz. help
me. if you know any tutorial online which has such topic covered plz
do tell me.

Thanx in Advance.

Printer Port Interfacing Using Java

Post by Babu Kalakrishna » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:42:59

Quote:> Hello,
>    I am trying to communicate with the printer port using Java. my aim
> right now is only to turn a single LED from my Java Program. I am new
> to this type of Programming. If anybody has done it already plz. help
> me. if you know any tutorial online which has such topic covered plz
> do tell me.

Try the JavaComm package from Sun. I believe it allows you to
communicate with COM ports and Parallel ports. (Haven't used it myself
- so can't offer more help)

Follow-up set to comp.lang.java.help

BK

Printer Port Interfacing Using Java

Post by Chri » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:58:59

Yes, use the javax.comm package.
Check out
http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/javadocs/API_users_guide.html
which should cover most of what you want.
- sarge

Printer Port Interfacing Using Java

Post by Sanje » Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:49:55

Subject : Printer Port Interfacing Using Java

Hello,
        I am trying to communicate with the printer port (LPT) using Java. My
aim right now is only to turn a single LED ON from my Java Program. I
am new to this type of Programming. If anybody has done it already
plz. help me. if you know any tutorial online which has such topic
covered plz. do tell me.

Thanx in Advance.

1. Interfacing to a Datamax Prodigy Plus Printer using Progress

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had to interface to a Datamax Prodigy
Plus Thermal Label printer using Progress 7.3e.

I am currently trying (unsuccessfully) to get the printer to respond to
enlarged lettering and some simple graphics.  It will print small text but
the initialization string for large print comes out as small print plus the
actual text.

Here is a sample of what ASCII code must be sent to the printer:

^BL
1911020002250010TEST

If you type the above into the DOS editor and print it to the printer, it
will print the label properly.

Here is a sample of Progress code that I have tried:

put "~002" "~114" "~015".                                /*Initialize
Printer  (appears to work)*/
put "~1911020002250010" "TEST" "~015".  /*Formatting string plus text (This
line doesn't work)*/
put "~105".                                             /*Tells the printer
that the print sequence has ended (assumed to work)*/

I would really appreciate any assistance that anyone can give.

Thanks

Bruce Prevett
Systems Administrator
Kindred Industries

2. Unlimited Oracle positions mail list : Free to post bonafide positions

3. Is Versant's Java interface pure Java?

4. btrieve insert is slow

5. pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1 (PreparedStatement.java ResultSet.java)

6. How make a function in vb

7. pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2 (PreparedStatement.java ResultSet.java)

8. Method setAttribute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) not found in interface javax.servlet.ServletContext

9. Using a PC Printer as a Pick Printer

10. ---JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA---

11. Using ADO interfaces in my own interfaces

12. API for Printer Name and Port