RunTime Error 3706

Post by Deshin1 » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:43:12

Hi Guys

I have a huge problem. I have an older version of an application that I
installed on my PC now when I uninstall it and install a newer version I
get this error.

Its a Visual Basic Application that uses Oracle as its database and I am
trying to connect via ADO.

The old installer was InstallShield and I am now using Visual Studio
Installer. The problem is that when you unistall the older version of
this product then it removes certain files and I have no idea what these
files are.

Now when I run the code, it says that it cant find the Provider or it
may not be installed properly...

Private mcnWrite As ADODB.Connection

mcnWrite.CursorLocation = adUseClient
mcnWrite.Open "Provider=msdaora.1;Data Source=MyDB;USER
ID=ADMIN;Password=ADMIN"

I have installed MDAC 2.6, MDAC 2.7, MDAC 2.5, MDAC 2.0, MS DAO 3.6 but
I still keep getting this error, I have tried other connections but the
same error keeps coming up.

If I put the old installation back on then the code runs fine....

Can someone plz help me???

1. Runtime error 3706 provider not found

This needed to quickly be solved, Provider not found. No matter which
MDAC_TYP.exe I installed. The same error 3706 still occurs... Urgent thanks

--
========================
Always wear a grin on your face :)

Mr. Jacky Luk

2. How to delete a complete schema

3. Runtime Error 3706

4. TDBLookupList

5. Runtime-Error 3706 in VB6 (ADO)

6. OS2 and FoxPro (& maybe Vis C++)

7. Runtime Error 3706 Fix?

8. Personal Oracle 8/Developer2000 forms5

9. Runtime error 3706. Provider not found. It may not be installed correctly

10. ADO 3706 runtime error

11. ADO Can't connect to specified provider - Runtime 3706

12. Provider cannot be found error (3706 Object error)