Database-oriented component service container

Database-oriented component service container

Post by Richard S. Hal » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:43:05

I am implementing a service-oriented container for database components,
called Cibyl.  The general idea is to combine a generic JDBC database
viewer with a dynamic component/service framework; the result of this
combination is a container for components that provides a JDBC database
service in order for the components to provide application functionality
and GUIs.  In addition, database components can implement services
themselves and offer these services to other database components.

The idea is to build sophisticated client-side database applications out
of small database components; this is not intended to be something like
EJB, it is meant to be simple and for end-user applications.

My component implementation is based on the OSGi specification.  I have
currently made a preliminary release package available, including all
source code; if you find this interesting, please go to the following
URL for more detailed information:

        http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~rickhall/Cibyl

Thanks,

-> richard hall

1. Help-Removing Delphi components from a container

I'm an experienced Paradox developer building his first Delphi project.
I used the Delphi Form Expert to build my initial (master-detail) form.
I discovered some days later that the components I selected were
automatically placed inside a ScrollBox container (presumably for the
convenience of the client who resizes the window), but I've decided now
to make the user leave the window maximized at all times and the
ScrollBox scroll bars have therefore become just an unsightly and
useless nuisance.

Now to the question:  Is there a better way to get rid of the ScrollBox
than to cut all the contained components to the Clipboard, delete the
ScrollBox, and then paste the components back?  Will I lose my
carefully composed layout?

Also, is it just me...or is the Reset command (Ctrl-F2) strangely given
but scant coverage in the documentation considering its invaluable role
in disentangling oneself from that debugger that clings to you like a
pitbull whenever something goes wrong?

--Greg    (Inquiring minds knead (sic) to know...)

2. Inserting Returns with code vbCr or Chr(13)

3. NEEDED: Object-Oriented Storage for a Distributed Hypermedia Service

4. Oracle Certification

5. AT&T Wireless Services - SEATTLE - SENIOR OBJECT ORIENTED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

6. Oracle like sequences on AS/400 DB2

7. OWC (office web components) pivottable conected to analysis services fails

8. WaitType column of the sysprocesses table.

9. Office 2000 Web Components & Analysis Services

10. Component Integration Services

11. Analysis Services / SQL2000 and Excel2000, Office Web Components

12. Component services

13. Component Integeration Service