RDO-->SQL 6.5. GetChunk S1109 error

Post by Juli » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone shed any light on why I cannot seem to get the GetChunk
method to work with my RDO-->SQL 6.5 connection.
The line of code I have (as per the example in Hitchhiker's Guide to VB
and SQL) is
dim original as string
original = rcStoresReq!ReqDetails.GetChunk(50)
(where rcStoresReq is the Resultset and ReqDetails is the column name)
returns the error "S1109, Invalid cursor position"
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Julia

RDO-->SQL 6.5. GetChunk S1109 error

Post by Juli » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Do you know how else I can retrieve and save 'memo' fields to the
database?

Post by Chris Spies » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

You need to use server side cursors for the chunk method to function
properly

Quote:> Can anyone shed any light on why I cannot seem to get the GetChunk
> method to work with my RDO-->SQL 6.5 connection.
> The line of code I have (as per the example in Hitchhiker's Guide to VB
> and SQL) is
> dim original as string
> original = rcStoresReq!ReqDetails.GetChunk(50)
> (where rcStoresReq is the Resultset and ReqDetails is the column name)
> returns the error "S1109, Invalid cursor position"
> What am I doing wrong?

1. GetChunk - S1109 error

Can anyone shed any light on why I cannot seem to get the GetChunk
method to work with my RDO-->SQL 6.5 connection.
The line of code I have (as per the example in Hitchhiker's Guide to VB
and SQL) is
dim original as string
original = rcStoresReq!ReqDetails.GetChunk(50)
returns the error "S1109, Invalid cursor position"
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Julia

2. FOR uk JOB HUNTERS ONLY!! london/surrey £25K -£65K+STOCK OPTION APPLICATION SUPPORT ROLE

3. RDO-->SQL6.5 GetChunk problems

4. How to get IRowsetChange interface?

5. RDO error when upgrading from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

6. ddf files - pascal extended data type

7. OLE DB error -2147217887 applying getchunk on rdo column returned from a sp

8. Another SQL 7.0 problem?

9. Critical Issue: Error reading Long Varchar fields that used to work (SQL 6.5, RDO 2.0)

10. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

11. SQL 6.5 <<>> SQL SBS

12. error when run sp_db_upgrade : problem upgrading SQL Server 6.0->6.5

13. Error upgrading SQL 6.0->6.5