DataControl Paswword and relational Database

DataControl Paswword and relational Database

Post by Binbet » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have a Datacontrol that is hidden, as I what to use code.
How do I refer to a relational database??
How do I set the password for this data control database(access 7.0)

Thansk and regrads

DataControl Paswword and relational Database

Post by Rick William » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Either save the relationship in an Access query, or use an SQL string
variable (put your SQL in a variable) and set the data control's
RecordSource property equal to the SQL string.
Or, since your data control is hidden anyway, why not just delete it and
write database code? You can use an ODBC connect string in an OpenDatabase
command, and the connect string can include a user name and password, and
then use your SQL variable with OpenRecordset. I think you'll find that it
works better than a data control.
Hope this helps.
Rick Williams

Quote:> I have a Datacontrol that is hidden, as I what to use code.
> How do I refer to a relational database??
> How do I set the password for this data control database(access 7.0)

> Thansk and regrads

1. Relational Databases vs. NF2 or Nested Relational Databases

We are considering purchasing an application, and the two leading
contenders are based on these database types.  I am fairly familiar with the
theory behind Relational Databases, but the NF2 or Nested Relational
Database is a new beast to me.  Can anyone out there enlighten me about
these questions:

1.      What are the basic underlying differences?

2.      In what applications is one type likely to give better
        performance than the other?

3.      Are there inherent problems with the NF2 that we should be
        looking out for?

The particular implementation of NF2 we are looking at is UniData.  I
will very much appreciate whatever information you have available.
Please reply either by this group or email, whichever seems appropriate
to you.

--

OpenConnect Systems, Inc.                       phone:  214-888-0446
2711 LBJ Freeway, Suite 800

2. R$GL - pipe

3. relational databases vs. not-so relational databases

4. Metadata question

5. slow inserts from Web into Oracle on Unix

6. : RELATIONAL REMODELLED, OBJECT/RELATIONAL: THE FUTURE OF DATABASE MANAGEMENT

7. Embedded SQL help?

8. Newbie seeking help with DataControl or database

9. Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl

10. Database, datacontrol -Need your help!

11. Connect datacontrol to more than one database

12. Datacontrol to Access database question