Query Builder or SQL Builder

Post by The Sain » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

    Does anybody know, if there is any kind of Query Builder or SQL Builder
that i can use in my programs, so that the users can build their own queries
?

Query Builder or SQL Builder

Post by Matthew Child » Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I know there are some that you can purchase.  Take a look at
http://www.vbxtras.com

I was on a tight budget, so I used a technique of combining text boxes and
drop down boxes to let users build a query.  They chose the fields and the
operators out of list boxes and typed in the criteria to the text boxes.  I
used a DbGrid blow the query to show the returned data.  I can't say it was
the best solution (there was a lot of coding involved) but it did work.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Matt

>    Does anybody know, if there is any kind of Query Builder or SQL Builder
>that i can use in my programs, so that the users can build their own
queries
>?

1. Report builder / query builder

Is anyone aware of any add-on apps that can be included in distributed apps
compiled with the compact compiler that will allow users of a product to
dynamically build and save their own reports and/or queries.  I realize that
this can't be done with Fox's current implementation of SQL; but a slick
programmer could write code to do it with SET FILTER/SET RELATION statements.

I have been on M/S's case for a long time (and FOX's before they were bought
by M/S) to provide this feature.

2. Oracle 8i Standard and Enterprise

3. Beta: SQL::Builder -- an OO SQL builder Perl module

4. SPL code to scan a char(n) variable

5. X/Motif Database screen builder builder

6. Notification Services NotificationBatchSize

7. Builders, builders...

8. Developer Oracle / Dba - Curriculum Vitae - form builder / report builder

9. SQL Server SQL Query Builder

10. SQL ad hoc query builder

11. SQL Query Builder written in Java

12. How to programmetically invoke SQL Query builder