Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Post by Tana » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:34:33

I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
me the sample of the coding from VB6?
Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Post by Nihat Azi » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:53:05

Where can I get them on the Internet and is there an e-tutorial for them ?
I know what they are and what they do but I don't have them and don't
know where to get them.

Quote:> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't

Post by Krokki » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:42:31

Quote:> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't
know
> how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please
give
> me the sample of the coding from VB6?
> Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Setup new selection criteria

   NewSelection = "{GNFNREP09F.DWNMTH}='" + RepMonth + " '" + " and
{GNFNREP09F.DWNFYR} = " + RepYear

Set bew criteria in Crystal

   ManGNFNREP09F.ReplaceSelectionFormula (NewSelection)

Set new report title

   ManGNFNREP09F.WindowTitle = "Debtors Aged Analysis report for " +
RepMonth + RepYear

Print the report

   ManGNFNREP09F.PrintReport

Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Post by Hun & Hunet » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:54:17

Geez, my last version was 4.5. Have i missed 3.5 versions ? : )
Anyway, if it's anything like it was back then, you use the Action
method to print. From memory, 0 was to window, 1 was to printer, 2 was
to file.  So you'd go..
CR8.reportfilename =  reportFilePath
CR8.Action = 1 ' to printer

Quote:>I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
>how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
>me the sample of the coding from VB6?
>Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Regards, Frank.

Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Post by nakho » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:39:34

IIRC

<ReportObject>.View

You can view it in Crystal Report designer, HTML viewer or Java
viewer. Or you can export to a file (say word) and then open a Word
object.

Quote:>I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
>how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
>me the sample of the coding from VB6?
>Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Post by Dave Zsena » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:04:20

Does anyone know how I can obtain CR6 (not interested in CR8 at this time)?
 I had a copy of it but lost it when my hard drive crashed.  Didn't have a
backup.

Thanks
Dave

Quote:> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't
know
> how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please
give
> me the sample of the coding from VB6?
> Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

1. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

For Immediate Release

Monday, June 17, 2002 - Cogniza is proud to announce the release of
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports.  UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports provides
date and time zone conversion functions that gives new options when using
Crystal Reports with Remedy's Action Request (AR) System.  To understand the
value of this new product, some background on Remedy is appropriate.

Background
Remedy AR System, from Peregrine Systems, stores dates in 'Epoch date'
format.  An Epoch date is the number of elapsed seconds since January 1,
1970 at Midnight Greenwich Mean Time.  To provide a more
human-understandable value, the Remedy ODBC driver converts this value to
the familiar date and time format, using the user's regional settings,
including time zone and seasonal adjustments (e.g. Daylight Savings).

Challenges
One of the challenges for developers, however, when working with Remedy's AR
System is the one-table-per-query restriction imposed by the Remedy ODBC
driver.  When working with Crystal Reports and Remedy, this restriction
prevents more that one table or view from being used in a report.

To address this issue when using Crystal Reports within the Remedy client,
developers use sub-reports or request that the Remedy System Administrator
creating a join table in the Remedy database.  These solutions, while
addressing the immediate need, lead to decreased database and report
performance, increased report development time and increased demands on the
Remedy System Administrator's time.  Fortunately, there is another solution
to these challenges!

Solutions
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports provides the same Epoch date and time zone
conversion functions as the Remedy ODBC driver, but without the
restrictions.  By using UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports in conjunction with
a non-restrictive database driver, one can:
* Use the latest version of Crystal Reports
* Run reports externally from the Remedy client

Value
UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports will increase productivity and lower costs
by:
* Making developers more productive
* Decreasing report development time
* Decreasing the demands on the Remedy System Administrator's time

Download
To download a 30-day-trial version of UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports, visit
http://www.cogniza.com/products/UFLTimeZoneW_30.exe.

Coming soon, UFLTimeZone for Crystal Enterprise!

About Cogniza
Founded in 1996, Cogniza is a US company, headquartered in Minneapolis,
Minnesota.  We focus on providing consulting and software solutions to the
IT Systems and Service Management community.  Our solutions include ITSM
consulting, business-intelligence-application integration and programmatical
components.  For more information, visit http://www.cogniza.com.

2. Null-Object under DAO

3. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

4. Backup to disk file

5. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

6. Installing an application all in it's very own directory

7. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

8. NCIUG Meeting: September 7th, 1994

9. Southern CA, Crystal Reports/Crystal Info expert needed, consultant

10. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

11. Crystal Reports and Crystal Info

12. Progress Bar While Crystal Reports Loads A Report