Help..Help..Help MS SQL and Delphi

Post by C.J. Lu » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have a project that requires me to retrieve data from MS SQL data
and create entries in Btrive files in another data set.  I'll be using
Titan for the btrieve access and MS SQL 6.5.  I have never used SQL
and would greatly apreciate a snippet or two of code showing the
methods used.

                         BYTE/WIDE Software, Inc.
        "The lack of reason is overcome by the passion of belief"

Help..Help..Help MS SQL and Delphi

Post by Cal Evan » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

CJ,

What exactly are you trying to do with SQL?  A SIMPLE snippet would be

Select * from People

This would give you all fields in each record in the table called People.
But that's genrally not how you do SQL. (Unless you've got small tables)

A little more information on your situation would help.

Cal

--

* One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men.
* No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

*

I have a project that requires me to retrieve data from MS SQL data
and create entries in Btrive files in another data set.  I'll be using
Titan for the btrieve access and MS SQL 6.5.  I have never used SQL
and would greatly apreciate a snippet or two of code showing the
methods used.

                         BYTE/WIDE Software, Inc.
        "The lack of reason is overcome by the passion of belief"

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode

on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,

but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,

Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

2. Help OBDC security problem

3. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

4. 'Operation not applicable' error creating TDataModel? (d2)

5. help help help help help help help help help

6. Triggers

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. MDX performance

9. HELP: Converting delphi project from MS-SQL to SQL Anywhere 5.5

10. query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. Help: Delphi 16 bit client to MS SQL Server 6.0

12. Help with MS SQL & Delphi 3

13. Help - Delphi 2/MS SQL too slow to change from VB