Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

Post by Todd Acheso » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know where to download MDAC SDK 2.5.  I am in particular looking
for ADO 2.5 for a database application I am building.  I have checked for
hours at the Microsoft and MSDN sights.  The closest thing I can find is the
PSDK which sets up different SDKs from Microsoft.  I could not locate MDAC
within this PSDK.  I am using Windows 98 2nd edition.

Thank you.

Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

Post by Axema » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Somewhere in the PSDK (or is it on the Universal Data Access site)  is a
"history" for MDAC.  I seem to recall that the latest "official" version
comes with Office 2K.  All previous versions are considered betas -
including the one installed with SQL Server 7 !!!  I am not sure that this
applies to SQL Server 7 SP1.  My MDAC seemed to go up to version 2.5 when I
installed Windows 2000 Server RC3.  As ever, it is all totally confusing -
there is a tool available at the MS Universal Data Access site for checking
just what you on your machine.

Good luck

Axeman

1. ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

Does anyone know where I can get a version of MDAC (specifically ADO 2.5)
That works with Windows 98.
I've compiled a program on my Windows 2000 Professional machine (beta 3),
and now that Access97/VB program won't work on my Windows 98 clients.
I believe the conflict is in msado15.dll.
It's an inhouse app, but I'm looking very foolish at the moment...

Thanks,

Brad Wyatt

2. ADO to Excel number format problem

3. MDAC 2.5 SDK Still Available?

4. Error starting svrmgrl on AIX

5. MDAC 2.5 SDK

6. Executing Parameter Query with 2 parameters

7. Where can I find MDAC 2.5 SDK?

8. How can I select top 10 accounts follow by each branch?

9. ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

10. ADO with MDAC 2.5 and Jet Dependency?

11. Installing MDAC 2.5 gives Refresh error on ADO control

12. ADO Data Control and MDAC 2.5 Problem

13. ADO Data Control with MDAC 2.5