Urgent: Need a pure thin JDBC driver for MS SQL server

Urgent: Need a pure thin JDBC driver for MS SQL server

Post by bzh.. » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Yes, we need a free or evaluation version of a pure thin JDBC driver
for MS SQL server. We are going to use in a applet to access MS SQL
server over internet. We do not want to use some JDBC drivers that
require us to set up a separate application server to do the job.

Thanks

Bing

Urgent: Need a pure thin JDBC driver for MS SQL server

Post by Bret Ewi » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

BEA Weblogic has a nice lightweight Type 4 that will connect directly to
SQLServer, as long as you enable TCP/IP with SQLServer's setup program.
Check out http://www.weblogic.com/download/downloadkona.html for more
info.

Bret

> Yes, we need a free or evaluation version of a pure thin JDBC driver
> for MS SQL server. We are going to use in a applet to access MS SQL
> server over internet. We do not want to use some JDBC drivers that
> require us to set up a separate application server to do the job.

> Thanks

> Bing

Urgent: Need a pure thin JDBC driver for MS SQL server

Post by Joseph Weinstei » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi Bing. If when you specify 'thin', you mean a very small download
size, and if you mean that you do not want any intermediate process,
like with type-3 drivers, then you want a type-4 driver, and you are
probably going to have to make some compromise. The issue is that
a type-4 driver has to have all the knowledge(classes) that embody
the entire DBMS client-server protocol, and all the classes for a
general-purpose query engine. You will have to download all or most
of these classes to the applet before you can make your first query.

That said, please visit www.weblogic.beasys.com. We offer an
industrial quality type-4 JDBC driver for MS SQLServer, which you
are invited to download and evaluate for free. Please ask the net about
WebLogic quality and support.

Joe Weinstein at BEA, the home of WebLogic

--
PS: Hey folks, we're hiring Java engineers for our WebLogic
    Engineering group in downtown S.F. Send me your resume.

Urgent: Need a pure thin JDBC driver for MS SQL server

Post by bzh.. » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for reply. I am going to download it.

Bing