Database Diagrammer?

Post by Dan Ramo » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to use the database diagrammer in VB6.0. However the menu
options under Diagram on the main menu are always greyed out. How do I
enable these functions?

Database Diagrammer?

Post by Jim in Clevelan » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to use the database diagrammer in VB6.0. However the menu
> options under Diagram on the main menu are always greyed out. How do I
> enable these functions?

  I think the Diagram menu you're talking about only works on Oracle and
SQL Server db's.  But you can use the Data View Window and its panes to
work on other databases.  This is easier to show someone than to
describe in e-mail.
  On the main VB menu, select View
  ...scroll way down the list to select Data View Window
  Up pops the Window, showing your available Data Links, Data
Environment Connections, and a folder for Database Diagrams (if ya got
Oracle/SQL Server) - select an Oracle or SQLServer db from this folder,
and that Diagram menu should become enabled.
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe

Database Diagrammer?

Post by Scott Eckfor » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I had this problem today and found that it was due to my account not
having administrative privileges on the local machine. The database
login didn't seem to have any impact; more like VB needs to have
administrator rights to enable those options regardless of what access
it may have to the database.
I'm using VB6.0 Enterprise to edit a SQL6.5 server database with mixed
mode security. I'm not sure if this problem is a result of my own
particular setup or if it applies in general. Perhaps someone else can
confirm/deny this?
Regards,
Scott Eckford.

Quote:> I am trying to use the database diagrammer in VB6.0. However the menu
> options under Diagram on the main menu are always greyed out. How do I
> enable these functions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. database diagrammer not displaying diagrammer

Hi All,
My database diagrammer suddenly stopped showing diagrams that I created.
Also, when I try to create to create a new diagram, it is not going to the
wizard which it used to.  I rebooted the machine but that it did not help.
I am running 7.0 with sp1.  Any ideas why this is hapening?

Thanks

2. French 'soundex like' routine

3. Table Artist - Visual Database Diagrammer

4. Multi-language error messages

5. Enterprise Manager/Database Diagrammer

6. Database Developer Wanted

7. Entity Relationship Diagrammer

8. Newbie: How reliable is SQL Server's IDENTITY field????

9. Wanted: physcial model diagrammer

10. Designer 2000 - Module Data Diagrammer

11. PD ER diagrammer?

12. HELP: ER diagrammer!!!

13. Entity Relationship Diagrammer