Bug/limitation with VB3.0 / Access 2.0 compatability layer

Bug/limitation with VB3.0 / Access 2.0 compatability layer

Post by Brian Hawc » Wed, 30 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi
  I'm doing some testing with the comp. layer program. My database was
created and populated as an Access 1.1 db. I converted it to 2.0 using
Access 2.0. I then installed the comp. layer program on my PC.
(Standalone). Now, when I run my program which uses "BeginTrans" and
"Committrans", it get the error msg: "Too many tables open". In between
the "BeginTrans" and "Committrans", I have a loop which reads a rec in
from a flat file, opens a snapshot to pull out some values and then close
the snapshot right away. This code worked fine before the layer install
but now it doesn't seem to be closing the table anymore. It processes 331
recs from the flat file before kicking out with the above error msg.
(meaning it also had open & closed the dynaset 331 times.)

When I run the exact program on a PC without the compat. layer installed,
it works fine.

Any ideas ??

Brian

1. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

After I have installed the ms/Jet engine compatibility layer for the
visual basic 3.0 is not more successful to access data with the ODBC driver
interface .

I can still see my data base like access 2.0.
But when I try to access it like an ODBC data base
the sample program supplied by microsoft in
the c:\ vb\samples\ visdata returns a reserved error.

My data base is very simple.
It consists just in a table named as table1
where a text field is defined like unique key.

2. SQL Server 2k Installation failed

3. Access 2.0 compatability layer

4. Looking for ways to time-out inactive users

5. Access 2.0 Compatability Layer Setup Problems

6. Need EBCDIC sort order in Sybase

7. Access 2.0 to Visual Basic 3.0 Compatability Layer Wanted

8. Upsizing from Access2000 to SQL fails with queries

9. VB3 - Access 2.0 Compat Layer compact problem

10. changinf tabledef on access 2.0 database using vb3.0 pro and comp layer

11. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

12. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

13. VB 3.0, Compatability Layer, and Access Service Pack Question