storing/retrieving blobs in Access 2000

Post by Mel » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have a large structure (in MSVC 6) that contains binary and text data
that I want to store in an Access 2000 database.  I don't want to define
database fields for each of the elements in the structure, but just
store the whole structure as a blob.

Which data type should I use -- memo or OLE ?  Does memo fields allow
binary data?  If not, how do you use the OLE field ?  How to store and
retrieve the structure, e.g. "UPDATE mytable, SET fieldname =  ????".

1. Storing/Retrieving images within Access 2000 DB

Hi,

I have a simple one form VB app that displays data from an Access DB, the
problem I have is that any pictures I have in my DB do not display within my
app. I am using a Picture control and it is bound to the correct db field.
anyone got any ideas, sample code?

Much Appreciated.

Ian

2. Possible pitfalls using DBMSPIPES???

3. Store and Retrieve image file to and from MSSQL BLOB

4. database design question

5. How store/retrieve BLOB in VB5 and SQl Server7

6. wrong query executed (error 137)

7. retrieving documents stored in BLOB fields

8. FREE SOFTWARE

9. Edit/Store/Retrieve/Submit SQL Server Blobs via XML

10. How do you store / retrieve a blob?

11. Storing/Retrieving Blobs

12. Storing/Retrieving null blobs through CLongBinary objects?

13. Retrieving Files Stored in LOBS / BLOBS