Can Delphi 16 be used as a Paradox Multiuser Development Tool?

Can Delphi 16 be used as a Paradox Multiuser Development Tool?

Post by Steven E. Skind » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Is there a way to have a Paradox table on a network where more than 1
person can edit the table? I noticed I have no problem accessing a
read-only table by two different users.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Steven Skindell

Post by Takey Cha » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Is there a way to have a Paradox table on a network where more than 1
> person can edit the table? I noticed I have no problem accessing a
> read-only table by two different users.

> Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

> Steven Skindell

Yes

1. MultiUser Delphi App Using Paradox - Help !

        I have written a multi user commercial application in Delphi and in
testing was bemused by the way that Paradox tables and Delphi seem to
co-operate.  The scenario is that I have a simple Paradox table, the
shared data being accessed is on a Netware LAN where all users have
full access rights, users are mapped to the data area ( which is also
doubling as the NET DIR ) using exactly the same drive letter and
directory path ( as required by IDAPI ).  All appears to work OK
except that when a user updates a table using a TTable.Post, the
change to the database does not appear to be physically commited to
disk ( on the server ) until the TTable.Close is called.  I have
tested this out stand-alone, accessing a hard disk and the date and
time stamp of the database file is unchanged until the database is
closed.

        The bottom line is the the record doesnt appear to be committed until
the database is closed !  This obviously cant be right and I must be
doing something extremely simple wrong.  Does anybody have any ideas ?

Regards,

Tom Conway
Technical Manager
Kestral Computing - Perth, Western Australia.

2. how do I display columns that do not exist in table

3. Parallell development with 16 and 32 bit delphi

4. Number of records in selected set after prepared select?

5. delphi, paradox, 16->32bits

6. Translating Foxpro 2.6 or VFP 6.0 from English to Spanish

7. Delphi 16 install bites Paradox 7??

8. CASE statement problems

9. Paradox/Delphi UG meeting: NYC Jan 16/17

10. NY Delphi/Paradox User Group Meeting 1/16

11. Anyone still using Delphi 16-bit?

12. Multiuser Paradox Table in Delphi 3...

13. HELP: Multiuser Paradox 7 and Delphi lock-up