EditMask & InputValidation help wanted

Post by Oscar Schoo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'd like some help on the following two items:

1. On a 'DBEdit', related to a date-field, i have an EditMask like
'99/99/9999;1; ', with a ShortDateFormat like 'dd/mm/yyyy'. It is
working fine, but for one thing. Is does not allow me to enter an empty
value. When the field is originally empty is does not complain, but when
it isn't and i want to make it empty (clear) is does not allow me to.
Is there a way to enable this also?

2. What is the preferred (?) way to have a string-field-edit behave like
a fixed-floating type numeric?
What i mean is this. I want to enter some data (as a float) and let the
edit-control  (when i exit the control) adjust (round) the data to some
fixed number of decimals. I played some time with the function
FloatToStrF() in the OnValidate-function for the field in the dataset
(setting the fieldvalue or the edit-control-text-value) and it seems to
work during the OnValidate (on screen the editcontrol changes to the
wanted format), but when the next control gets focus eventually, the
editcontrol has changed back to exact the data i typed into it, with no
rounding or formatting what so ever.
I haven't figured this out, but my gut feeling says it should be easy.
Anyone figured this out for me?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

1. Help wanted on APT && C++

I was trying to compile the aptlib file using C++ compiler. It was giving the following
errors. I tried using extern "C", but it doesnot seem to work.

Thanks

Raju

"a.cc", line 24: warning: old style definition of main() (anachronism)
"a.cc", line 38: error:  undefined function fsinit called
"a.cc", line 45: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsopenscreen()
"a.cc", line 47: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsdblogin()
"a.cc", line 52: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsdbrec()
"a.cc", line 53: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsdbenviron()
"a.cc", line 68: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsgetform()
"a.cc", line 71: error: unexpected  1 argument for dbclose()
"a.cc", line 72: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsabort()
"a.cc", line 76: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsinstallproc()
"a.cc", line 78: error: unexpected  1 argument for fsprocargs()
"a.cc", line 82: error: unexpected  1 argument for fscallform()
"a.cc", line 84: error: unexpected  1 argument for dbclose()
"a.cc", line 86: error:  undefined function fsexit called
"a.cc", line 96: error:  argument declaration syntax

2. INX_UTIL Tool Kit 3.0 now available via ftp://ftp.gate.net/pub/users/tschaefe/

3. EditMask & Bar Code Scanners

4. SQL - Count of Rows into a table

5. Help: EditMask

6. mapping calculated fields

7. Got &squot;dem ODBC blues (HELP WANTED)

8. DateTime Format

9. Help Wanted: Sybase & Macintosh

10. MOUSE & BROWSE help wanted

11. Help Wanted : DTS Packages & Triggers

12. JSP & Oracle : Help wanted

13. Help wanted : ASP & SQL