Error 3031:Not a Valid Password

Post by Frank Rahma » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
        I am trying to execute a query that uses a 'Insert In" statement to
add records from one mdb to the other. The problem is that the mdb in which
i am attepting to insert records in is password protected. hence when I
attempt to execute the query on the database an error is returned:
Error 3031: Not a Valid Password.

I have tired various ways to pass the password in the query along with the
mdb name (e.g " Insert in Test.mdb" [MS Access;PWD=password] ....) the DAO
does not report this as an invalid SQL statment but rather continue
reporting error 3031Not a valid password.

I have looked through MS KB and MSDN. No luck yet.
Any ideas folks ??

Frank Rahman

1. Runtime Error 3031: Not a valid password

Hi

I'm running VB6.0, and I want to connect to a Access 2000 database through
DAO, using JET (NOT ODBC), but I keep getting this error, though the
password IS correct!

My connection string is:
Set SubDb1 = OpenDatabase(ServerPath & "\shop.mdb", , , "PWD=1234")

Any help would be appreciated!

Ren

2. Dos based DbaseIV Databases corrupted in Win98

3. error 3031 -- invalid password

4. SQL mail

5. Error 3031. Invalid Password

6. Help

7. error 3031. NOT THE USUAL Problem

8. Referential Integrity in Dbase Tables

9. Open DB with password problem (err 3031)

10. Error 3029, Not a valid account name or password

11. Error 3029: Not a valid account name or password

12. Error 3031 on DataControl.Refresh