Image Datatype - binding datasource to a controls picture property

Image Datatype - binding datasource to a controls picture property

Post by Jonathan Bea » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I've been able to bind a image and picture control to an ADO resultset using
Microsoft Access and an OLE Object datatype column. However, when I try to
do the same in SQLServer I get an error: "Can't bind to field". I've also
been able to save and retrieve data using GetChunk and AppendChunk to a
file. But does anyone know how to create a Visual Basic standard executable
project that can put image data directly into a control using OLE DB and ADO
w/out creating a temp file?
thanks

1. Image Datatype - binding datasource to a controls picture property

I've been able to bind a image and picture control to an ADO resultset using
Microsoft Access and an OLE Object datatype column. However, when I try to
do the same in SQLServer I get an error: "Can't bind to field". I've also
been able to save and retrieve data using GetChunk and AppendChunk to a
file. But does anyone know how to create a Visual Basic standard executable
project that can put image data directly into a control w/out creating a
temp file?
thanks

2. HELP with Views

3. Data Bound Picture or Image Control in JPEG format

4. Postgres Version 1.3 Now Available

5. Saving and retrieving image control picture property in MSSQL7

6. can't create activex component runtime error

7. Images Controls that load picture from a recordset without Data Control

8. OAS 9i and Oracle 8i on the same machine, Win2000, what's the proper way?

9. Binding an Image control to an Image field in SQL Server

10. How can I use Picture Box or Image Control or Ole Control to display Bound Picture with ADO?

11. Binding of 3rd party Database Controls to Datasource in VC++ 4.2

12. Binding my custom control to a datasource at runtime

13. ?: How to use the IMAGE-Datatype for a picture database