Help...SQL UNION Error !!!

Post by Dhenmaz TeBeY » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I want to retrieve data from foxpro table with "UNION" sql statement using
datacontrol with oledb for odbc(using dbase). When I execute sql error
occur, message say:

"The database engine could not lock table "mst01" because it is already in
use by another person or process"

just for information the foxpro table on mycomputer.

the syntax :

adodc1.recordsource = "select acc_no from mst01 a UNION select acc_no from
mst01 b"
adodc1.refresh

any help is appreciated.

Dhenmaz

1. PL/SQL UNION ERROR : PLEASE HELP

Hello everybody,

I hope someone will help me on this one :

I have a PL/SQL stored procedure that tries to do something like that :

BEGIN
        INSERT into table1(a, b)
        select T.x , T.y from
        ((SELECT m1 as x , m2 as y from M)
        UNION
        (SELECT n1 as x , n2 as y from N)) T;
END;

When I test the SQL code through sqlplus, it works fine (the select
part)
When I try to run it, it sends me an exception ORA-01745: invalid
host/bind variable name

The only time it worked was when I did some testing using only varchar2
type fields

I don't find any documentation on this behaviour.

If you have any clue, I would heavily apreciate.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Need help in form design

3. Can someone help me with a UNION error

4. Importing TXT to Oracle with VB app

5. Errors with handling of sql containing UNION

6. asp cannot update ms access on IIS server

7. Internal SQL Server error on UNION ALL

8. Oracle Developers Wanted

9. VB60 with union on SQL 6.5 - error 3078

10. a SQL Statement/Union Help

11. sql query (UNION) help!!! Thanks

12. Need help with sql script using UNION