NOT A VALID ACCOUNT NAME OR PASSWORD

Post by Dr. Stefan Schu » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 23:35:28

Help !
Visual Basic doesn't accept any longer the OpenDatabase command,
neighter with .mdb files nor with ODBC databases.
The error message is "not a valid account name or password"
(The same .mdb-files can be opened within MS-Access without requiring
a password).
Who can help me ?

Post by john.. » Thu, 09 Feb 1995 01:06:29

>  Help !
>  Visual Basic doesn't accept any longer the OpenDatabase command,
>  neighter with .mdb files nor with ODBC databases.
>  The error message is "not a valid account name or password"
>  (The same .mdb-files can be opened within MS-Access without requiring
>  a password).
>  Who can help me ?

Have you somehow managed to point Access and VB at different system.mda
files?

John

NOT A VALID ACCOUNT NAME OR PASSWORD

Post by David Cher » Thu, 09 Feb 1995 10:30:28

Stefan,

: Help !
: Visual Basic doesn't accept any longer the OpenDatabase command,
: neighter with .mdb files nor with ODBC databases.
: The error message is "not a valid account name or password"
: (The same .mdb-files can be opened within MS-Access without requiring
: a password).
: Who can help me ?

Download a copy of Jet Inspector Test Drive from ftp.netcom.com
/pub/blagoon.  Contact us and we will give you a registration number free
of charge.

By launching the Jet Inspector BEFORE your VB program, it will trace and
show you which System.MDB file is being opened and probably what the
probelm is.

--

Blue Lagoon Software, Inc.
(818) 345-2200, ext. 112

"The company that provides JET Inspector, ODBC Inspector,
 and SQL Inspector for Windows"