MSHflexgrid or datagrid

Post by Gerry Viato » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Please help,

    I would like to update a datagride or MSHflexgrid with the returned
results from the following button_click procedure and then the user would
highlight the record and double click it which will move my ado recordset to
that record and populate my datafields on Form "FrmDataEnv"

Private Sub bttnadvfind_click()

    prevbookmark = Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark
    filterAdodc1 = InputBox("Enter the first few letters of the LastName")
    If filterAdodc1 = "" Then
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = adFilterNone
        Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark = prevbookmark
    Else
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = "LastName Like '" & filterAdodc1 & "%'"

        If Adodc1.Recordset.EOF Then
        Adodc1.Recordset.Filter = ""
        Adodc1.Recordset.Bookmark = prevbookmark
          MsgBox "No LastName in the database match your criteria "

        End If
    End If
End Sub

Should I use DataGrid or MSHflexgrid? This will be on a different Frm called
"frmflex" My Ado object is on the Form "frmdataenv" along with the command
button above. Can someone help me with the syntax or help me get started.

Thanks
    Gerry

MSHflexgrid or datagrid

Post by Bud Smit » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The purpose of the MSHFlexgrid is to show Shaped data.  For normal data the
Flexgrid would be better.  I can't say which is better the Flexgrid or the
Data Grid.  I have used the Flex grid with .additem (very slow) and the ADO
getstring method (much faster).

1. Datagrid or MSHflexgrid

[...]

2. Log file with SQL AnyWhere....

3. Datagrid and mshflexgrid - programming

4. Disapearing data after Win16 app error.

5. Datagrid vs MSHflexgrid

6. User Groups

7. datagrid or mshFlexgrid

8. Copy from Datagrid to datagrid

9. Updating datagrid with requery, datagrid goes to top

10. Using MSHFlexGrid with ADOMD

11. MSHFlexGrid

12. MSHflexgrid doesnt update after adodc changes databse HELP!