Help Please... Execution Cancelled Error

Help Please... Execution Cancelled Error

Post by SOLAIRA » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have two problems

The first one is If I by pass the DSN manager from Access I get an
ODBC - Call Failed error.
Syntax That I used is:
"ODBC;DRIVER={SQL
Server};SERVER=GLOBE;DATABASE=MAPPY;Trusted_Connection=YES"
but if i use the DSN It Works Fine.

The Second one is:

I am tring to execute a stored procedure from access 97.
I opened up the connection The Connection estabilshes fine(Using DSN)  but
when I run this store procedure with a parameter, it runs for 30 Secs
and returns an error Execution Cancelled.
If create a stored querydef object in access it runs fine and it takes 15
minutes.
which in my case is not acceptable. That is why i really need to figure out
the problem.
Also other Stored procedures just like this one runs fine, with the same
commands..

Can Somebody help me here...
I would really appreciate your help..
Mani Solairaj

Help Please... Execution Cancelled Error

Post by Mike Davie » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Solairaj
I also had problems creating a DSN-less connection. All the examples assume
you are connecting to SQL SERVER not Access and it is very hard to get the
precise parameters for the Access driver. Try running the DSN connection,
stop the code at a suitable place and examine the .CONNECT string. This will
give you a clue. Here is what my code now looks like and it works fine:
Dim Con As String, MyCon as RdoConnection
    Set MyCon = NEW RdoConnection
    Con = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};DBQ=F;/DATA/MAPPY;DriverId=25;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=512;PageTimeout=5;DSN=;"
    With MyCon
        .Connect = Con
        .SQL = "select * from tablename order by whatever"
        .Refresh
    End With
I do not use the server name as I use a fully formed path to the server but
you could substitute the Server name. Also make sure DSN=; is the last
statement in the connect string.
Good Luck
Kind Regards Mike Davies

1. Please Help solve my problem: Execution cancelled error.

[...]

2. DataREpeater and Combo Control

3. Error 3426: Action cancelled by associated object -- Help please

4. OT: HPGL -> RTF | HTML

5. Error '3669' Execution Cancelled

6. MULTI TABLE SQL TQUERY UPDATES??

7. What is Error 3669: Execution Cancelled ?

8. Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

9. Run time error 3669. Execution cancelled

10. Error 3669: Execution cancelled.

11. Run time Error '3669' Execution cancelled

12. Error 3669 execution cancelled