An easy one!!

Post by Aldino Campo » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody.

I want to know how can I display in the screen (in a form) the results of a
performed query.
I know that the program performs it, but I don't know how to see the
results.

Thanks in advance

Aldino Campos

An easy one!!

Post by Susanne Johnsso » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

if you used a recordset to retrive the data
recordset!Fieldname
if you used a datacontroll
data1.recordset!FieldName

Quote:>Hi everybody.

>I want to know how can I display in the screen (in a form) the results of a
>performed query.
>I know that the program performs it, but I don't know how to see the
>results.

>Thanks in advance

>Aldino Campos

An easy one!!

Post by Hans Le Ro » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

 Hi Aldino,

 Put it in a label or in a textbox.

 CU

 Hans Le Roy
 http://come.to/hlr

1. Two questions... one easy, one hard

Well, at least I think it will turn out that way... :)

1)  What does a .recordcount of -1 mean on an ADO recordset?  I've seen that
sometimes I get this and sometimes I get the real value, but the causing
factor isn't obvious to me.

2) Does anyone know why I would get the following message trying to perform
a .close on a recordset?

    3219:  The operation requested by the application is not allowed in this
context.

If the query does not find any records, I can close the recordset without
any problems, but if it does include a record, I do get the error.  (BTW, in
both cases the recordcount is reported as -1).

There is absolutely no info in the VB help or knowledge base that I can
find.

2. ODBC "Stack" question

3. Easy one: importing to SQL 6.5 from Access

4. DBCombo AutoComplete

5. Easy one, for somebody.....#TempTable

6. INF: List of Version Numbers of ODBC Driver Manager & SQL Server

7. An Easy One

8. Easy one..!

9. LoopBack - Easy one for you!

10. this should be an easy one..