1. Advantages of Varchar over Char and viceversa
We are having a debate here with some collegues about the advantages and
disavantages of datatype Varchar over Char in table columns (and viceversa).
I am listening to both sides of this debate, and see both of them have good
arguments (for example, some folks here say using Varchar too much may
downgrade performance, others say, in the other hand, it helps to save space
in the server disk). So I decided to post this note here and let the guys
listen to third parties. (I already have an opinion and preference, but I
don't want to favor any of them until having them listening to third
We are talking about using Varchar vs. Char... major advantages and
disadvantages of one over the other in different aspects, like performance
in tables, performance in stored procedures, performance thru ADO, disk
space, and other important areas.
Your input will be appreciated.
2. Santa Clara CA: Oracle-Data Warehouse-PL/SQL-HTML-Oracle Application Server
3. Advantage of dual network cards
4. HELP: Multi-select list
5. Advantages to migrating repository?
6. Can I link a Visual FoxPro table into SQL Server?
7. Advantages of Stored Procedure?
8. Transaction Log Analysis
9. what's the advantage of using VIEW?
10. stored proc perf advantage
11. Advantages of SQL Server against IBM DB2
12. what's the advantage of using VIEW?
13. Join Check Constraint column will loss Partition advantage