Error "Couldn't find installable ISAM"

Post by Bob » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:58:35

Hi,

I have an app that doesn't work on one XP PC, though it works on other XP
PCs.
The app basically reads an Access file but I can the error "Couldn't find
installable ISAM"

Here is a sample of the coding ...

    Dim WrkDefault As Workspace
    Dim TechdataCanDB As Database
    Dim TechdataCanRecordset As Recordset
                Set WrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
                Set TechdataCanDB =
WrkDefault.OpenDatabase(Stockman.Import_File_Location, False, False, "dBASE
IV;")
                Set TechdataCanRecordset =
TechdataCanDB.OpenRecordset("products")

I believe the error occurs on the line "Set WrkDefault = ...".
I have a reference to "MS DAO 2.5/3.51" Compatibility Library".

I tried reinstalling the app and manually registering some controls.  But
the error still occurs.
Does anyone have any suggestions on resolving my problem?

Thanks, Bob

Post by Paul Clemen » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:26:37

[...]

Is this an older program that was originally written for DAO 2.5 and an older Access database? If
not you may want to use DAO 3.51 or 3.6 instead.

The XP machine probably doesn't have the older version of the library installed.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Error "Couldn't find installable ISAM"

Post by Bob » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 01:42:26

Everything seems to work with "MS DAO 3.6 Object Library".

Thanks, Bob