CancelUpdate method of Adodc1.Recordset does not work

CancelUpdate method of Adodc1.Recordset does not work

Post by Imtiazur Sye » Fri, 24 May 2002 00:32:31

I have a dbcombo whose rowsource is an ado data control
(Call it ADODC1).  The datasource for the dbcombo control
is another ado data control (Call it ADODC2).  Even the
datafield is set to a field contained in the recordset for
ADODC2.  When the form loads the control displays data in
the dbcombo without a problem and the list is also
populated with fields from ADODC1.  If I add a record and
call the Update method of the ADODC2.Recordset, it adds
the record, no problem there.  But when I edit a record by
selecting a new value in the dbcombo control and call
CancelUpdate method and check the values in the database,
it shows the new value.  Does anyone know why this is
happening?