Connection event (willexecute) failed to load

Connection event (willexecute) failed to load

Post by Stev » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 15:27:43

Hello all,

I declare a connection object in a class module.
However, the willexecute event of the connection failed to load.

Sub cnn_WillExecute(ByVal Source As String, CursorType As
ADODB.CursorTypeEnum, LockType As ADODB.LockTypeEnum, ByVal Options As Long,
adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, pCommand As ADODB.Command, pRecordset As
ADODB.Recordset, pConnection As ADODB.Connection)

The system return
Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure
having the same name.
I get the above function parameter list from MSDN, so it couldn't go wrong.

Can anyone please help.

regards,
Steve

Connection event (willexecute) failed to load

Post by Val Mazu » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:19:28

Hi,

Your ByVal and ByRef statements are incorrect in some
event's parameters. Make a copy of you event code. Delete
current declaration of that event procedure. Redefine it
again and place code back to event procrdure.

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello all,

>I declare a connection object in a class module.
>However, the willexecute event of the connection failed
to load.

>Sub cnn_WillExecute(ByVal Source As String, CursorType As
>ADODB.CursorTypeEnum, LockType As ADODB.LockTypeEnum,

ByVal Options As Long,
Quote:>adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, pCommand As

ADODB.Command, pRecordset As
Quote:>ADODB.Recordset, pConnection As ADODB.Connection)

>The system return
>Procedure declaration does not match description of event
or procedure
>having the same name.
>I get the above function parameter list from MSDN, so it
couldn't go wrong.

>Can anyone please help.

>regards,
>Steve

>.

1. Connection event (willexecute) failed to load

Hello all,

I declare a connection object in a class module.
However, the willexecute event of the connection failed to load.

Sub cnn_WillExecute(ByVal Source As String, CursorType As
ADODB.CursorTypeEnum, LockType As ADODB.LockTypeEnum, ByVal Options As Long,
adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, pCommand As ADODB.Command, pRecordset As
ADODB.Recordset, pConnection As ADODB.Connection)

The system return
Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure
having the same name.
I get the above function parameter list from MSDN, so it couldn't go wrong.

Can anyone please help.

regards,
Steve

2. Replication over IP

3. OLE DB connections to jet failing under load

4. Ballmer Unveils Visual Basic 7.0

5. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

6. FK WITH NOCHECK affects Optimizer?

7. Modify a remotely hosted SQL Server Database?

8. DOMDocument.load() fails to load document from remote server

9. Ers: Connection Failed, Connection Read, Connection Write

10. Reconnecting during WillExecute

11. Three event logged in the event view About SQLAgent whenever clear the event logs or failover

12. Connection to cube fails using Excel 2000, Brio fails