Creating report w/ Data Report in VB6

Post by Michael Ishle » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

    Is there a way to use information from the table being queried for a
report in it's title or header?  I have a temporary table in a SQL 6.5
database that holds information for reporting use, and one of the fields is
one which I would like to use in the title.  Can this be done?  The report
feature won't let me drag the field(s) into the title section, or if it
does, when I run the application that generates the report, I get an error
message saying that txt.* can't be in the header/title.  Any input would be
greatly appreciated!

Mike

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane!"

Creating report w/ Data Report in VB6

Post by Adam Kehle » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

The only way I can see this is to set the caption property in the initialize
event.

Example:
Private Sub Report_Initialize()
    deEnv.rsTable.MoveFirst
    Report.caption = deEnv.rsTable![title]
End Sub

Hope this helps!

Adam

>    Is there a way to use information from the table being queried for a
>report in it's title or header?  I have a temporary table in a SQL 6.5
>database that holds information for reporting use, and one of the fields is
>one which I would like to use in the title.  Can this be done?  The report
>feature won't let me drag the field(s) into the title section, or if it
>does, when I run the application that generates the report, I get an error
>message saying that txt.* can't be in the header/title.  Any input would be
>greatly appreciated!

>Mike

>"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane!"

1. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
message.

Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

Chris.

2. sp_configure and show advanced options

3. VB6 Data Reports or of Crystal Reports?

4. illustra

5. Help: Create 2 columns in data report (VB6)

6. Hmmm...

7. Reports, reports, reports, reports.....REPORTS!

8. Can't access FM6 over web

9. VB6 Data Enviroments to Data Reports w/ SP's

10. VB6 Data report - Failed getting Rowset(s) from current data sour ce

11. VB6 Data Environment & Data Report

12. update access database to create diagram with crystal report (VB6)

13. creating report at the runtime with vb6